Superhero Movie a bane of a parody

I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me when I say that the movie spoof genre has become tasteless with movies like Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans. I was pretty excited when I first saw the trailer of Meet the Spartans on YouTube. I thought it was funny as hell. But when I got to watch the whole movie, I almost slept through it. It was worse than watching Goin' Bulilit.

When I saw the movie trailer of Superhero Movie, I had very high hopes for it because Drake Bell is in the lead role, I've been watching him on Nickelodeon for years and I lurve Drake Bell. Yeah I get it, he's cute. But he's also a very talented artist and comedian. I always look forward to seeing him as Kyle in Totally Kyle on the Amanda Show because his guitar riffs are really good.



Anyway, going back to the movie. So I was finally able to see Superhero Movie a couple of days ago and although there were a couple of misses, the movie was great all in all. I think it shouldn't be rated PG 13 though because of the number of sex jokes that fly here and there throughout the movie.

I was never a fan of the Naked Gun series, being too young then to appreciate all that slapstick, so I have nothing to say for Leslie Nielsen who plays Drake Bell's grandfather.

I liked that the movie itself has a story unlike the recent Scary Movies that felt like it's all been stitched together without even a pattern of thought. It didn't squeeze in too much spoofs to make it too chopsuey.

Would I recommend it? Yes, especially if you're a big Drake Bell fan like me. But if you're not, go for the rental instead, or this streaming ones.

Movie Link #1

Movie Link #2

Technorati Tags:

  1. Comment by Anonymous on April 27, 2008 at 11:22 AM

    I don't watch that kind of movies much and rather not expect anything good from it...

    Knowing that it's suppose to be funny or a comedy, I have my expectations... and I usually get disappointed after watching it.

  2. Comment by Unknown on April 28, 2008 at 7:35 PM

    there are times when it's fun to be stupid and silly :)

ss_blog_claim=f38363071441aed0de9aa55ded4fa3f9